Monday, June 20, 2011

Today Is the Day!

I've always been very into making sure I can look in the mirror and feel comfortable with how I look, but today I will begin stepping up the bar!  I joined self.com for their Drop10 Challenge and I'm going to start doing better about tracking what I'm eating and how I'm exercising.  I'm also going to be tracking how much water I'm drinking!!!  These are the things I need to get better at.

In particular, I have a tendancy that if I don't put my breakfast and lunch together at home, I make bad decisions when I'm hungry and standing in the cafeteria or coffee shop at work.  Bagels and cream cheese look so good when I'm hungry, but they are so not good for my waistline.  And it is the waistline these days!  What's up with getting into your 40s and all of a sudden, you don't just gain weight in your hips, but it's started redistributing to a pooch in the front?  That's the piece I'm the least happy with.  So, I'm going to think better about every piece of food I put in my mouth.  How is it serving me?  Think a lot first, then order.  So this morning at the cafeteria at work, I had an egg white omelet with veggies, a little bit of cheese and one piece of whole wheat toast. I'm so proud of me!  I didn't get to bring my lunch, so I need to go back up to refuel for the afternoon.  Let's see how I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment